who are our clients?
As counselors, we are committed to serving children and their families and have completed specialized training to treat children, adolescents, and family issues whose symptoms may include trauma/abuse recovery, depression, anxiety, lying, stealing, self-mutilation, school difficulties, attention deficits, anger and aggression, and other behavioral/emotional challenges. We specialize in providing counseling services to children ages 3-18 both individually and within the context of their family through education and support services. We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
when to call
Families deal with many different issues in varying degrees and in different ways. Professional help is available and can help the child and family through a difficult situation.
The following list is just a sample of the types of clients I work with and issues our therapists can address.
**Please click on the text for more information and examples**
Children With Behavior Problems or Emotional Difficulties Who May Be:
Children Who Have Experienced a Stressful or Traumatic Situation or Event Such As:
Parents Who Are Overwhelmed With Their Child's Difficulties And May Be:
The good news is that something CAN be done to help both you and your child overcome problems & gain relief.
Through child play therapy, teen counseling, parent consultation/counseling, and family counseling, you and your child can experience the following benefits:
- your child's behavior problems can be reduced or eliminated
- your child can learn to safely express his or her feelings and gain relief from difficult feelings or upsetting memories
- you can learn new parenting strategies and gain confidence in your parenting skills
- you will feel calmer and your stress levels will be reduced
- you will feel supported in expressing your feelings as a parent
- you can strengthen your relationship with your child
areas of expertise
Among the more common reasons children and families come to see me are: